Sunday, May 17, 2009

Everything is broken




So youtube and blogger have been pretty much broken for the last couple of days and uploading stuff is impossible. It is frustrating as hell and I am trying to work out a work around for it but it might just mean I have to wait until youtube is fixed. So anyway, backdating and backtracking. My original concept was based off watching bill bailey performing a stand up show where he explained his first experience on lsd as getting stuck in a loop. I decided I wanted my loop to have a somewhat psychaedelic feel to it and being a big fan of mushrooms and them being moderately easy to draw I decided I wanted to have a loop of mushrooms growing. I have always been attracted to low or pop art so it was interesting looking at the works of Takashi Murakami who works with japanese pop culture. If it wasn't already obvious by my ident project I like bright colours and fun projects plus I always feel like I come across self righteous when I take myself seriously.

Anyway I came up with this storyboard here for what I wanted to do (hehehe amusing). I became heavily influenced by watching Fantasia and Dumbo and they influenced what my mushrooms looked like heres a few videos of the kind of stuff I meant:


No comments:

Post a Comment